Okay don’t freak out!
You read correct “BLACK BEAN BROWNIES”.. Just Trust me!
These are the most moist brownies I have ever had! Most moist is probably not correct english.. but you get what I’m saying people!
These are delicious!
I found the original recipe from DAMY (Amy Layne Weightloss BLOG) and fell in LOVE with the simple ingredients! I tweaked a couple things, but the original recipe can be found HERE.
Amy Layne’s website has ALOT of amazing clean healthy recipes BTW!
I just love the sneaky health factor of these! Muhahaha (thats my evil sneaky laugh) ;)
Okay so first things first… Take all of your (brownie ingredients) and blend in either a food processor or blender. And guess what?! It looks like really brownie batter! IF you’re like me, you may have feared there would be big chunks of black beans in these things.. NO NO they are blended up and you can’t even tell!
Next take your peanut butter mixture and drop spoonfuls on top of the batter and then swirl it around with a knife.
- Black Bean Brownies
- Black Bean Gluten Free, Grain Free Brownies
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|6||10 minutes||30 minutes|
- 1 can (reduced sodium) black beans
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup natural coco powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup stevia (or 1/3 cup of honey)
- 2 tbs maple syrp
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tb greek yogurt
- 2 tb water
- Directions: Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Combine all brownie ingredients in blender or food processor until no longer lumpy Spray an 8×8 baking dish with a healthy, non-stick cooking spray. (I use Publix brand coconut oil cooking spray) Evenly spread batter into baking dish. Mix your Peanut Butter, Greek Yogurt and Water in a seperate bowl. Spoon the Peanut Butter on top of the brownie batter, leaving about an inch in between. Pull a knife back and forth through the batter creating your swirls. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Once fully cooked, set aside and cool for about 10 minutes. Gently cut brownies, serve and enjoy!
**You should store brownies in an air tight tupperware container in the FRIDGE or they will go bad!
So are you going to try them?! Don’t be scared! They are deceptively healthy but soooo tasty!!